We would like to thank all the attendees of the 2015 Mobile Voice Conference.
We have added the 2015 Conference Presentations.
The maturing of speech and natural language technology is changing user expectations of the ease of interacting with increasing numbers of devices, applications, services, and features - “digital overload.” Mobile devices make this intuitive connection with computers always available. The Mobile Voice Conference is dedicated to helping companies understand how they can best improve internal efficiencies and/or engage customers using this technology.
Major conference themes:
- The current state of speech recognition, speech synthesis, and natural language understanding technology - What it can and can’t do, and what to expect as the technology evolves
- The impact of the competition between the general personal assistants on user expectations
- Using speech and natural language interaction in call centers
- Enterprise Personal/Virtual Assistants within the company, supporting and integrating enterprise applications and communications
- Company-specific Personal/Virtual Assistants that face the customer, for customer service, technical support, product information, sales, and branding/advertising
- How to create voice and natural-language applications—tools, templates, vendors, best practices, examples of deployed systems, and more
- Making the most of multimodal interaction
- Trends in devices using speech technology: Mobile phones, tablets, PCs, TVs, home systems, wearables, and more
- Key application areas and application trends